A new Backstreet Boys album is coming. We don’t know when exactly, but it’s definitely within the next 365 days! We’re anxiously awaiting any hint of what direction the new music will be going and… More
Backstreet is coming at 2017 at full speed and we can hardly keep up!
Recently, we updated you on everything they’ve been doing, but the BSB train is. not. stopping…TOOT TOOT! We had posted a graphic on WHOTB social media channels for everyone to stay updated on what was happening when, but at this rate, updating a post might be easier.
So here it is – a post with every CONFIRMED concert / appearance that the Boys are scheduled for as we get it. If you have questions about an upcoming event, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook or the Contact Us page!
For any event where a ticket link is not provided, ticket details can be found at backstreetboys.com/events.
October 18, 2017 – CMT Artists Of The Year – 8/7c CMT
October 21, 2017 – BSB In Singapore
Concert and VIP – SOLD OUT
October 27-29, 2017 – Walker Stalker Atlanta (Nick)
October 27, 2017 – QTOPIA – Atlanta, GA
TICKETS (On Sale Friday, 8/25)
November 8, 10, 11, 2017 – Larger Than Life – Las Vegas
November 15, 17, 18, 2017 – Larger Than Life – Las Vegas
December 7, 2017 – Jingle Bash – Chicago, IL
December 9, 2017 – Jingle Ball North – Toronto, ON
Tickets (On Sale October 6th)
December 12, 2017 – WZPL Jingle Jam 2017 – Indianapolis
Tickets (On Sale 10/6 at 10am)
December 29-30, 2017 – New Years Weekend – Cancun, Mexico
December 29th – VIP SOLD OUT
Another October 3rd, another birthday for Kevin Richardson! As always, we love celebrating this amazing man.
We’ve asked for your reasons why you love him and reflected on everything that he has been for us, but this year – we wanted visuals! We asked you to send in your favorite Kevin moment captured in a video or GIF and that’s exactly what you sent us.
Enjoy all of the best and sweetest moments below as we celebrate another trip around the sun for the one and only Mr. Richardson!
“Here’s the photo of Kevin I took from Vegas. I like this picture because Kevin and AJ were actually having a mini dance off on the catwalk, each showcasing their best moves! And we all know that Kevin has some great moves! The man feels the groove.” – Erin Henderson
“Everytime he says ‘sexy time’ in that accent!” – Hilda Puente
“This my most favorite Kevin moment because after he left the group for a while, this was the very first time that he was seen with the boys singing again, and the year after this tour they have announced that Kevin was back in the group. Bsb will never be the same without Kevin so I’m very happy that he came back where his heart and passion belongs to.” – Mikay Ganaden
“My BSB part of my soul came back to life because Kevin was returning! My wish came true! I had been really sad, and I thought they would never be together again…And, now, the boys could make more music together. AND my second wish came true in 2013. Right now, I’m waiting for my third wish: to meet them and go see them in Vegas (that’s my fourth wish XD.” – Carmen Puentes
” Kevin’s return!!!! ️I don’t think this needs description, and I’m sure it’s what many of the fans picked for their favorite ‘Kevin moment’- but when I saw this video, I cried. Absolutely sobbed. So thankful he is back- as a Kevin girl, it wasn’t BSB without him. I got emotional just watching this again to make sure it was the right video!” – Allison Chickering
“Kevin and Brian speaking with the helium.” – Hilda Puente
“I don’t know if this is my favorite Kev moment, but is one of the most important on my mind. This GIF is from Viña del Mar Festival, when the boys sang on February 14th, 1998. That was the first time they played in my country, Chile, and I can remember everything of that occasion: since I heard the news and I started to scream and cry with my older sister, until we saw them on TV with our best friend, also a BSB fan. My parents couldn’t afford the travel to another city to see them live or buy tickets for my sister and me, so we stayed at home and watched on TV. We even recorded on a VCR!
Until this day, that show is one of the most remembered presentation in the festival, because the boys came when they were BIG and that’s a difficult thing to our country. Next year will be 20 years since that night! We wanted to bring them back to celebrate. So… that’s why I chose this memory! Happy Bday, Kev! :)” – Karina Mondaca
“This is my fave Kev moment cause this is when BSB filmed their first music video, Kevin was acting so cute and smooth while playing to the camera. Happy Birthday Kevin!” – Kyanna
Watch video here – It is blocked in some countries.
“It started at around 1:20 something when this fan showed up near the stage with a huge bouquet of flowers for Kevin. Others would probably just take it, thank the fan or wave a bit and leave, but this guy right here he knelt, hugged and even kissed the girl’s cheek. It wasn’t even a brief hug, it was a bear hug that lasted a few seconds. I’m sure he teared up a bit because we all know how emotional he is. He’s amazing, this guy.” – Sasa
“I love everything about Kevin!! Knowing how he likes to get it perfect at rehearsals, and for him to just be goofy like this, it’s my (one of my many) fave moment!! Thanks for being you!! Hope to meet you someday! Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your day! Love you!” – Kristin Luna
“1:47 to 1:56. That smirk makes me melt.” – Andie
Our favorite moment with Kevin wasn’t captured on video, but in real life. Read about it here.
Happy Birthday, Kevin Richardson – you’re a classic.
By now, you have surely heard about the extremely tragic, deplorable, heartbreaking events that took place at Route 91 Music Festival in Las Vegas. If you haven’t, you can keep up to date here.
We are absolutely heartbroken for everyone involved – those injured, the families of those who have been senselessly killed, the family of the shooter / terrorist, the fans, the artists who were there and the people of Las Vegas, whose home has been rocked by this act of terrorism.
There are so many of us who have visited this beautiful city this year. We’ve made memories, we’ve met friends, and we’ve been protected and allowed to enjoy the Backstreet Boys in a safe space. We can’t thank the police and first responders enough for all the hard work that they do – not just during this massacre, but all the time.
With that being said, we’ve seen several people who are wary to attend their already planned concerts. We’ve seen people that are looking to cancel their trips that they were so excited to embark on less than 24 hours ago. To those people, we are urging you to please continue.
This is not about the Backstreet Boys themselves, but about rising up against what this terrorist wanted. If we let someone’s despicable acts deter us from living our lives, going to concerts, going outside – what kind of life is that? Please do not live in fear. Please do not let someone / something dictate how you continue to live. We owe it to ourselves. We owe it to the city of Las Vegas, who depends on entertainment to keep their economy thriving. Above all, we can not let terror win us over. Unfortunately, this could happen anywhere – we can not stop living.
The staff and security at Planet Hollywood have been WONDERFUL and we are positive that they will continue to be as great at their jobs, if not greater, than they were before today.
For now, our hearts, prayers, and positive vibes are with Vegas and those who need it. We will keep this post updated with all of the best ways to help and more. The greatest need right now is blood. Please see below locations if you are in or around the area.
If you’re currently in Las Vegas, please mark yourself as safe here.
Las Vegas Victims’ Fund (Set up by Sheriff and Clark County Commission Chair)
National Compassion Fund (Distributes donations to victims of mass crime)
You can MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to donate blood at United Blood Services later this week.
If you would like to read about the victims of this tragic event (rather than the excessive media coverage of the shooter), click here.
Another year of Backstreet birthdays.
For some reason, we always start with Kevin. We don’t know how that happened, but that’s how it is.
SO, another year and here we are, with another idea for spreading love, birthday wishes and appreciation for our five. We’ve done words of appreciation from everyone, favorite moments with each of the boys, and simply writing about them.
This year, we want to relive our favorite moments by watching them. Send us your favorite Kevin moment in a video or GIF.
This can be anything from a music video, behind the scenes moment, tour, cruise, interview, etc. We only ask that it be a YouTube link. If your favorite Kevin moment can be summed up in a GIF, send it our way! (If it’s a GIF and you don’t have the link, send via email to email@example.com)
Oh, and tell us why.
Fill out the form below!
It’s 2017 and we are, as the universe would have it, older than we were when we first because BSB fans. We know this. There are some things though that, when we really think about it, make us make this face…
…. Because 1999 was only like yesterday…RIGHT?
- The Backstreet Boys will have been together a quarter of a century next year.
- Baylee Littrell, Brian’s son, is now older than Nick Carter when he joined the group (and will be able to get his driver’s permit this year).
- It’s been 17 years since the Backstreet Boys flew around the world in 100 hours to promote Black And Blue (and Kevin called AJ a dildo).
- There hasn’t been a new episode of Nick’s Corner in 6 years.
- Joseph Kahn, director of the “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” video, was 25 and unknown before the video came out in 1997. Now 45, he’s worked with all of the big names in pop music, including Taylor Swift, Britney Spears and Katy Perry.
- If you had a baby the same year Backstreet fans shut down Times Square and stood outside the window of MTV studios to catch a glimpse of the Boys for the Millennium release, the baby is now a legal adult. (This was just the first time)
- ….And it’s been 16 years since crazy fan Tiffany lost in the battle of BSB vs. NSYNC and threatened to kill Carson Daly.
- Nick’s first solo album, Now Or Never, is 15 years old. Brian’s solo album, Welcome Home, is 11 years old. Howie’s Back To Me is 6 years old and AJ’s Have It All is 7.
- We’ve been waiting for AJ’s latest solo album for 3 years. (That doesn’t make us feel old. We’re just saying.)
- None of the contestants on ABC’s Boy Band, on which Nick served as architect, were alive when the Backstreet Boys were at their peak.
- It’s been over a decade since Kevin left the Backstreet Boys.
- Except for Nick and AJ, every member of the Backstreet Boys hasn’t been single in 10+ years.
- The Rolling Stones article in which Brian proclaimed he only uses curse words in the Bible, there was a masturbation discussion and our squeaky clean views of the Boys were shattered is now 17 years old — and we are now closer to them than ever.
- VIP Meet and Greets weren’t a thing until 9 years ago – during the Unbreakable tour.
- People under 18 don’t recognize individual Backstreet Boys right off the bat (or know their songs as a group).
- We have to take Aleve before we go to Backstreet events
- We ask if it’s appropriate to take kids to VIP (and we talk to the Boys about our kids)
- We go to concerts and get impatient about what time they’re actually going to start because we’re getting sleepy
- We leave concerts wondering why our bones are cracking
- We’ve gone from throwing bras onstage to Bengay (Help yo boys out!)
- We’ve started stories with “I remember when the Backstreet Boys did that when I was your age…”
- The #1 thing that makes us feel old? We’ve gone from having our moms drop us off at concerts in our hometown to not having to ask permission to go to any Backstreet Boys event and paying for it ourselves. With the same band.
We may be older, but we’ve been beyond lucky to grow older with a band who has grown with us.
If you’ve been a fan for any length of time, you know what we mean when we talk about the very particular process that happens when befriending other fans that happens very naturally (unless you’re one of those people who is cool hanging out with anyone, even though they may be psycho serial killers).
Times have changed since the 90s. We’re not going with our moms to concerts (ok, some of us are, but that’s beside the point) and we’re making fan friends across the world thanks to the gift of social media. Sometimes, we’ve been friends with people for years before we even meet them. It’s interesting – the way things work.
A lot of it starts the same way though…
1. Seeing multiple posts, tweets, comments from the same person that seems to see things the way you do.
If you’re friends with other fans on social media, follow BSB sites, etc. and it just so happens that all the tweets, comments, photos you like most are coming from the same person, ideas of potential friendship start to cloud your brain. Is it weird to friend them? Should you simply like something or comment on it? Hmm, what move to make?
Similarly, if you keep seeing someone at the same concerts and events that you are, do you go up to them and sound creepy? Do you hang back and stalk them online then “discover” that you guys were at the same event together (“Haha, isn’t that so weird?!”)?
Do you even need more friends?
2. Tweet, tweet. Hint, hint.
Ok, that’s enough. This person is posting fire photos and every tweet they send makes you say “YES, EXACTLY!” so of course, now is the time to strike. Is this person social? Are you going to vibe? Does he / she even want friends? Only one way to find out.
Stroke an ego. “I’m obsessed with your pics!” or “You take the words RIGHT out of my mouth everytime.” We’ve all done it. These phrases are only gateway drugs to potential friendships or unity over loving and hating the same things together. These words are the equivalent of a dog sniffing a stranger.
3. Let’s take this somewhere a little more private.
Okkaayyy – perspective friend is saying all the right things and this is as nerve wracking as a new relationship. How is it going to work out? IS IT going to work out? What if she thinks differently than you do about your favorite? The fact that she has the same favorite Backstreet Boy could bode well for conversation, but not so well when it comes to sharing a cruise pic (should it get that far).
Eventually though, your convos will need more than 140 characters. Both of you will stop ending every message with “lol” and there is great satisfaction in the novel-sized messages going back and forth through direct messages…
…THEN PHONE CALLS… (But that’s only if it’s really serious – don’t panic.)
4. Sniff, sniff.
Much like #3, this is going down in the DMs and the texts. This is the finest filter and the last step to becoming fan friends. Are you really getting along or is this just an “in the moment” thing? Are you dying to talk or are you tolerating? Are they feeling your vibe and picking up what you’re putting down? Would they move out of the way if your favorite Backstreet Boy was coming close? Would they yell his name so you could get a selfie? Most importantly, do they hate the same people / things that you do?
Don’t lie. That’s totally a factor.
5. Which piece of the puzzle does this friend go into?
So you’ve friend zoned someone and in this case, that’s a good thing.
First, you have to figure out if they’re on the same level. There’s nothing worse [in life] than thinking someone is something but it’s not mutual. That’s for a Taylor Swift song, honestly.
If you’ve BOTH made it to the friend zone, here comes the tricky part – figuring out the level of friendom…er, friendship. Will they get along with your existing fan friends? Could room with them on a cruise? Do you put them in your wedding? WHERE DOES THIS NEW
PIECE FRIEND FIT?
If you are actually friends, it’ll be gravy, baby! Just watch.
6. All the memories!
Congratulations on your new friendship! You now have someone committed to listening and complaining or screaming in excitement with you. You have someone to go to concerts with, share photos, and share ALL the memories with – whether in person or online.
Most importantly, you have someone that has your back. You have someone that will give you an opinion on what to wear to VIP and someone that will take up for you in any situation. If you’re lucky enough, your fan friend turns into one of your best friends.
[We would know. :)]
We wanted to see how other Backstreet fans displayed their VIP laminates, concert tickets, autographed items, or any special BSB memorabilia now that we are grown (and know what our parents were mad about when we taped things to paint).
….And you guys answered! We loved seeing everyone’s creative differences.
Enjoy (and become inspired)!
“I have created photo collages that are displayed in my lounge room, I have often been told “wow you have more backstreet boy photos on your wall then wedding photos”. My book case proudly displays some of my keepsakes.” – Ree
“Since the past years, well since I had my first VIP photo with the boys I started to put the photos instead of posters. So this happen in 2008 when I had my first VIP photo.
“I have been a huge Backstreet Boys fan for as long as I can remember. Love these five guys so much! Will always be a Nick girl! Here’s how I show off all these amazing memories!” – Shanna
“I display mine proudly at my desk at work. It is my mini shrine complete with tickets, lanyards, autographs, my photos with the boys and friends and family. Some stories from my BSB shrine include the last thing I did with my mom. In July, 2011, we went on a 3 day, 3 city adventure seeing NKOTBSB in LA, San Jose and Las Vegas. The LA show was my first time meeting the boys. It was fitting that my mom came with me because she was my biggest Fangirl supporter and knew how much it meant to me. When they did their Millennium tour, the best tickets I could get were the very back row. The day of the show she surprised me with 5th row tickets and my teenage heart almost exploded. Anyways, about 4 weeks after we returned from our NKOTBSB trip, she passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. It was tragic but I am so grateful I was able to have that adventure with her. First time meeting the boys, 3 shows, front row in Vegas and they pulled me up on stage and sang to me. All these amazing memories with my biggest supporter. It will always be a precious memory. On a lighter note, you’ll notice pictures with my bestie, Sable. BSB and fate brought us together. We are both from the same city, both went to the first round of IAWLT in Vegas (concert and soundcheck party) alone. We ended up in line next to each other and chatted. 4 years later, we are besties, always have a buddy to travel anywhere, anytime, as many times as we need to see the boys. We’ve also traveled Europe together and are the best of friends, all thanks to our love of BSB.. I love the boys, their music, the fans and all the love and support that comes along with being a proud member of the BSB Army. I’m so excited for everything to come and for all the new tickets and lanyards I plan on adding to the shrine. KTBSPA!” – Taryn
“I made this shadow box after IAWLT. I wanted to somehow display the poster with my name on it. So…what better way. This tour holds some amazing memories for me. I can’t wait to do the same with my Vegas poster and passes when it gets here.” – Melly
“This is my latest display for my VIP stuff.” – Carrie Graham
“I only have some M&G photos and posters, but in the past few weeks, I found a way to display a few of the special items I have.
Kelli Marie Acord’s Collection
“I have my VIP passes and wrist bands and stuff in a cool thing I made for them. I have a ticket photo album for my ticket stubs. My favorite memorabilia that I have displayed are the custom kicks that Brian made me and gave me on the 2013 cruise.” -Amber America
Thank you to everyone who submitted their pictures/stories!
If you ask almost anyone about the Backstreet Boys’ Millennium album, they can most likely name at least one song off of the album and know it as the group’s biggest selling album to date.
If you ask a Backstreet fan about the Millennium album, they’ll most likely give you a monologue about which song they thought should have been a single (“Thanks Nick!”), where they were when they first listened to the album and how their parents fought for tickets to the sold-out-immediately tour – just like your grandparents whose stories you never wanted to hear. But this is your story and you’re going to tell it – dammit! (We’re especially going to tell everyone how Nick wrote a message in the liner notes that we had to decode using a PHONE. The original Taylor Swift.)
However, listening to the album now, listening to the songs as an adult, our thoughts are so much different than we were preteens screaming just because our favorite had a verse. Let’s talk about it!
(Also, looking at this tracklisting – wow, what a range of emotions, am I right?)
Larger Than Life
- “Thank me in a different way?! WHAT?!” (This song might have created some of our first fantasies)
- “AJ’s laugh is so scary and hot!”
- “OMG IT’S FOR THE FANS. They’re so sweet.”
- “I’m going to put these lyrics on a poster!!”
- “Still haven’t thanked me in a different way….Heh heh.”
- “AJ’s laugh has to be bad for his vocal chords.”
- “How is this for the fans exactly?”
- *uses any opportunity to make ‘larger than life’ a pun / adjective*
- “I CAN STILL DO THIS DANCE! *does dance while trying to drive*”
I Want It That Way
- “What does this song even MEAN?”
- “I’ll NEVER say I Want It That Way.”
- “I’m going to put these lyrics on a poster!!”
- “What DOES this song mean?”
- “I’m so glad Kevin came back to sing his part. WE MISSED YOU KEVIN!”
- “They’re still my fire though….”
Show Me The Meaning (Of Being Lonely)
- “Who made [insert favorite BSB] lonely?!”
- *crying because it sounds sad even though we don’t really get it*
- “This is DEFINITELY my favorite since it has all five Boys singing!”
- “Eyes of stone observe the trends? Kevin is always SO deep.”
- “I will NOT show them the meaning of being lonely. Gonna put that on my concert poster.”
- “Oh, my feels.”
- “I feel what you’re saying, Backstreet.”
- “Remember how sad this video was?!”
- “Damn, this song is so deep.”
- “This song was the soundtrack to my teenage break ups!”
It’s Gotta Be You
- “BABAY! It’s the way you MAKE MEH!”
- “Tee hee. What is kindagetmego?”
- “THIS SONG IS SO CATCHY! Let me turn it up!”
- “Gonna put THIS on a concert poster.”
- “Yessss. One of five upbeat sonnnggss.”
- “This definitely sounds like a song that would be my go-to while I’m drunk.”
- “It’s the way you…WOO WOO!” (We still didn’t grow out of this one.)
Don’t Want You Back
- “Oh my gosh, what if mom hears him say SEXUALITY? Could he say it any slower?”
- “I love when he says sexuality. Teehee.”
- “MAKE ME A VICTIM OF NICK’S SEXUALITY!”
- “Oh, Backstreet’s back. Clever!”
- “I’m going to throw this song in my ex’s face one day. When I get an ex.”
- “Hit me faster than a shark attack – I could use that for a poster.”
- “DAMMIT NICK!”
- “I’m so glad they’re doing this song live. It should have been a single…NICK.”
- “Why is this song so hot?!”
I Need You Tonight
- Every Nick Fan: “OMGHIRGOJWOKBJIGEQOJOJSVNOGOWKEMWOGMLEWE!”
- Every Non-Nick Fan: *skip*
- “Ok, wait. Heaven in your eyes or I need you tonight?”
- “PUTTING THIS ON A CONCERT POSTER, OH MY GAH!”
- Every Nick Fan: “OMGHIRGOJWOKBJIGEQOJOJSVNOGOWKEMWOGMLEWE!”
- Every Non-Nick Fan: *skip*
- “I really want to hear this with man-Nick singing.”
Don’t Wanna Lose You Now
- “I hope my future boyfriend sings this to me. Swoon.”
- “WHO. WOULD. LEAVE. A. BACKSTREET. BOY?”
- “Hmmm…concert poster?”
- “OMG BRING THIS SONG BACK LIVE!”
- *Cfrying while driving down the street*
- “Oh Brian co-wrote this! I love it!”
- “Awww, he needs me like I need him. This is what love feels like.”
- “I’ll be the one!! That’s going on a concert poster.”
- “Why do I love this song?”
- “What tempo even is this? How would you dance to it? Do you dance to it?”
- “This song is comfort food for your ears.”
Back To Your Heart
- “OK. WHO broke Kevin?”
- “Why did Kevin write a song that he doesn’t even sing in?”
- “What ARE they saying when they’re all singing different words? Why isn’t it in the booklet?”
- “Of course he’d write a song with words we can’t really put on a concert poster. No wonder mom likes him.”
- *crying, curled up in a bed*
- “Why is Kevin so good at everything?”
- “We need the piano back on tour.”
- “Thank God we found out what those other words were.”
- “What are Spanish eyes?”
- “Do brown eyes count?”
- “What are Spanish eyes?”
- “Do brown eyes count?”
- “Is this about Howie?”
No One Else Comes Close
- “I hope I have sexual relations to this song.”
- “AJ SAID DAMN. OMG.”
- “This is so SWEET.”
- “Where’s my scented markers? Gotta add this to my poster.”
- “Is there a sexier BSB song? No.”
- “AJ’s. VOICE. DAMN.”
The Perfect Fan
- “BRIAN WROTE IT FOR HIS MOM? I gotta tell my mom.”
- “This is TOTALLY gonna lock my mom in.”
- *incorporates it into Mother’s Day for the next 8 years*
- “DOES THIS MEAN I’M NOT THE PERFECT FAN?!”
- “If I put my mom is the perfect fan on a poster….”
- “I hope my kids / future kids know about ‘The Perfect Fan’.”
- “I’m going to have babies so this song applies to me.”
- “Getting a tattoo for my mom….that says Perfect Fan.”
For years, Backstreet Boys fans have had posters plastered all over their bedroom walls. Now that we are grown, WE want to see how YOU display or store your VIP laminates, concert tickets, autographed items, or any special BSB memorabilia.
Do you still have those BSB posters plastered all over your bedroom like when we were teenagers, or do you have a BSB shrine for all of your guests to see when they come into your house…
…or do you simply wear your BSB merch to the grocery store?
Do you have any funny stories surrounding your BSB memorabilia? We want to hear and see it all! Send your pictures and/or stories to us using the form below!
Send your photos and explanations to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in an upcoming post.
We asked on Twitter if you’d want weekly update posts to help you keep up with what is literally happening on the Backstreet — because these five are BUSY!
You said yes and here we are. These posts will come weekly (I’ll try, at least…) – usually on the weekend – and will not contain new content, but will try to include everything you might have missed from the previous week from the world of BSB (and our posts for the week).
Here are the highlights for August 24th – September 2nd:
BSB + FGL Perform All The Hits For ‘CMT Crossroads’ Watch online by selecting Xfinity and logging in with Facebook or Twitter
Sometimes we say “It’s a Backstreet thing, you wouldn’t understand”, we’re not kidding. After 24 years, there are some normal things any band fan would love, but there are also some very specific things that only Kevin, Brian, Howie, AJ and Nick lovers would get.
We hope that you go through this list with this face….
1. A Photo Where Every Backstreet Boy Is Smiling.
This is our Moby Dick (something we chase after, for those who don’t understand the literary reference). As we’ve written before, the Backstreet Boys are guaranteed to do a number of things in most photos. One of those things is have 5 different facial reactions. A photo with every Boy looking like they’re in the same state of happiness is almost unheard of, but is one that will send us into a frenzy and proclaim it is as our new favorite photo. The reason why is unspoken – but we all know.
2. When They Use Nicknames For Each Other.
As much as we roll our eyes at the things nostalgia fans say (“OMG I loveeee the Backstreet Boys. Remember Larger Than Life?!”), Kevin, Howie, AJ, Brian and Nick calling each other by the nicknames we found out about long ago in an issue of Tiger Beat sends waves of nostalgia and emotion over us in the best way possible. An unexpected reference to “Bone” or “Frick and Frack” makes our tiny little demanding hearts flutter.
It’s kind of like realizing your friend is throwing you a surprise party when you thought they forgot your birthday all together.
“HD” still throws us for a loop though.
3. When Nick or Kevin Sling Their Arms Around The Others.
Once upon a time, Nick Carter was a tiny little plant. Now, he’s a giant tree with arms along with Kevin Richardson. There’s something heartwarming about the way the stand in just the right spots to sling their
branches long limbs over their other little buddies bandmates. Perhaps, like the nickname situation, it’s been happening since the beginning of time and when they do it now, it throws us back. Plus, even though we know they’ve been together a long time, they’re family, yada yada yada… it’s a reminder that they still really do like each other.
4. The Frick And Frack Moments.
Let’s be real – Frick and Frack was one of the sweetest things about the Backstreet Boys in the 90s. Brian and Nick were the best friends we all aspired to be (or they just gave us an excuse to be both a Brian+Nick girl at once). People grow and people change, but we still get glimpses every now and then of one of our favorite 90s duos. You better believe when they brought back those nicknames for each other in 2016, we were almost to Kim Kardashian tears. ALL THE FEELS.
5. Nick’s Cackle.
Have you ever heard Nick Carter TRULY laugh? It’s such a national treasure. If sounds could be treasured… (Watch this)
Seriously – if there was merch that played this cackle, we’d be all over it.
6. Howie’s Wink.
What is Howie Dorough without that wink? If you haven’t been winked at by Howie at LEAST once in your life, have you really even seen him? The answer is no. Just like the group itself, Howie’s eye never lets us down.
7. Kevin’s Instagram Stories.
“You’re in my instagram story!” – Kevin’s Attack Phrase
Again, we need it on a shirt. We need more Kevin (and his Instagram stories) in our lives. Kevin, the Backstreet Boy who literally DOES NOT care who you are, where you’re from, what you did, as long as you know you’re in his instagram story.
We especially love AJ in his stories.
8. Catching Brian’s Attention Onstage.
Whether Brian is your “favorite” or not, no one can say he doesn’t make an effort to see you amidst his onstage performances. In fact, that’s one of the best reasons to be front row (even though he’s been known to see further back and make sure you know he does because he’ll mock whatever it is you’re doing). Not only is his energy contagious, the man literally lays down on stage and takes your phone to capture the perfect selfie. Ugh, our hearts are swelling right this very minute.
9. AJ’s Stories.
If you ever wanted a story you’ve never heard before, go no further than AJ McLean. There’s almost nothing this man won’t talk about and we are HERE for it. Thanks to AJ, we have the story about Howie’s contribution to “The Call”, a story about Nick being thrown out in his underwear and more.
Not only do we love his stories, but anytime we get a chance to chat with AJ is a good time. He’s never met a stranger and we love him for it.
10. Their PDA.
While we may not understand their constant crotch grabbing, the group hugs, the high fives and the kisses (seemingly intended to annoy each other) is just another reminder that these five are family. It’s a constant in an otherwise unpredictable world.
11. Sneak Peeks In The Studio.
HIHGJOKWQOWEJGWOGJOSSB << Every text, tweet, social media post from a BSB fan after they’ve been spotted and / or post something from the studio. “But I thought you knew they were recording?” The normies say. To that we say, YEAHBUTTHISISPROOF OMGITSGONNABESOGOOD.
Admittedly, right after that, we start demanding more because sometimes we’re assholes but…such is life. At least we’re hype about it.
12. Those Harmonies.
There’s no need for me to write anything right here. You probably read “those harmonies”, salivated a little, then instantly heard your favorite Backstreet harmony in your head. Every fan knows that BSB harmonies are like giant fluffy sweaters for your eardrum. Harmony and chill, you guys.
13. Their Mannerisms.
Brian’s leg lift and his hands when he talks. Kevin’s mouth-nose scrunch thing when he sings long notes. Nick’s eyebrows and his point. Howie’s nodding. AJ’s …well…AJ has a lot. We’ve become accustomed to them and we wouldn’t have our Backstreet Boys without them.
14. Old Videos (And When They Remember Things They Do).
For some reason, we think we’re the only ones who remember scenes from A Night Out With The Backstreet Boys or MTV Diary and we’re not sure why. Of course the Boys remember it; they lived it. It’s always so sweet though when we’re not the only ones reminiscing.
15. Their Most Random Tweets.
We’ve posted about Kevin, Nick, and Brian‘s tweets, but we really love the most random, relatable tweets that put the Backstreet Boys on an insanely human level. Oh, and we equally love random tweets to ourselves. (We do not love the insane begging for them though – stop it, fans.)
16. Nick’s Corner.
BSB on Ice. The Backstreet Boys literally stuck their heads in ice to see who could do it the longest. We’ve never loved them or a space “owned” by Nick more.
17. When The Boys Remember Us.
Dear 12-year-old self,
When you get older, you will get to talk to Kevin / Howie / Brian / AJ / Nick. One time, if you do it enough, they might remember you. Don’t worry – you won’t die. It will, however, be a highlight of your life.
18. ANYTHING BSB-Related That We Can Get Hype About.
BSB Socks? Yep. BUY THEM.
AJ’s brother-in-law’s 3rd cousin on a TV show? Ok, we’ll watch.
New album in 3.5 years? CAN WE PREORDER NOW?!
There’s nothing we love more than a good hype. Except maybe the other things on this list.
19. Odd Items Of Their Clothing.
Kevin’s. Red. Pants.
The 5 items of clothing that Nick owns.
AJ’s glittery things.
Howie’s dove shirt, to be honest.
20. Anytime We Convert Someone Into a Backstreet Fan.
Basically, our mission in life. We’re stealth and we LOVE a good conversion. Don’t show us your weakness! (Or do.)
We just really love them.