Most Backstreet Boys fans have a history. They can tell you where they were when they first heard them or how old they were when they became a fan. Some can tell you exactly how… More
Can you believe it’s already almost 2018 (or is already depending on when you read this)?! In 2017, we kept you updated with every confirmed BSB appearance and event – large and small – in one post and when we asked if you wanted it to continue, the response was an overwhelming YES!
2018 is going to be huge. We can’t wait to be here for all of it.
So here it is – a post with every CONFIRMED concert / appearance that the Boys are scheduled for as we get it. If you have questions about an upcoming event, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook or the Contact Us page!
For any event where a ticket link is not provided, ticket details can be found at backstreetboys.com/events.
August 18th // One Night Only With 98 Degrees – Thackerton, Oklahoma
Tickets + Details Here
August 20th – MTV VMAs – Airing on MTV at 8/7c
+ Performing at the Pre Show
The Boys will be presenting and performing during the Red Carpet preshow (also streaming on Twitter).
October 24th – November 17th (Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays) // Las Vegas
Find Tickets and Meet & Greet HERE
August 30th – September 8th // Nick Carter Tour 2018 – South America
Find tickets and VIP information here
December 1st – 2nd // Wales Comic Con (UK) – AJ McLean and Howie D.
Details + Tickets Here (Check back for updates!)
1998. That’s the year that I became a Backstreet Boys fan, along with many of my friends. Some were fans before and some became fans after – the perk of having a band that’s stayed together for 25 years. Most of us could tell you a story about the moment it happened and some can narrow it done to a day and time.
But all of us can tell you that we’ve learned a LOT in our time as Backstreet Boys fans. There’s something about being a fangirl (or fanboy) that translates across generations though, no matter what band you chose to love for 10+ years. While most of our posts are BSB-centric, this is a rare general one to share the love, the bond, and our dirty little fangirl secrets (kind of).
Shout out to the ladies and gentlemen reading this who think, “wait…that’s not normal?”, because being a fan warps you a little… IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.
1. We Know How To Wait Like A Champ.
Waiting for an album.
Waiting for a meet and greet.
Waiting for the band outside a hotel / buses.
Waiting in the restroom line at a concert.
Let’s face it – most of our fan lives have consisted of waiting minutes, hours, days, months, years. By now, we are expert waiters and while we may not always like it, we are used to it. In fact, as much as we might hate waiting and think we’re terrible at it, we’re often shocked by how good we are in comparison to fresh fans.
2. Lines Are Inevitable.
This falls in line with #1. If you’ve chosen the fangirl / fanboy life, it’s going to come with lines. We come equipped with things to do in line (sometimes blankets and food if it’s going to be a while) and some of our best friends have been made because we had to wait in a line.
3. We Don’t Believe It Until We See It.
Our favorite boyband members get excited and sometimes blurt things out or have big dreams that leave their mouths and reach our ears before it’s actually a real plan. Therefore, we have learned to be wary of anything until it has a date, a time, and a zip code.
4. Storytime Is Our Favorite Time.
NOTHING gets a fangirl going like the opportunity to share her stories of tour life, meet and greets, chance meetings, etc. and hearing others in return. Where else do you think we get our crazy ideas? If one of us did it, obviously we want to too!
5. It’s Never Not Weird If A Band Member Knows Us.
Speaking for Backstreet fans, it does not matter how many times you’ve seen the Boys and how many times they’ve recognized you or know your name, it still rocks the 10 year old girl inside of you to. the. core.
6. No Matter How Old You Are, The Fangirl Monster Lives Inside You.
You can be a wife, a CEO, a mom, or a grandmother and you’re still going to be shocked at the screams that come out of you the minute the lights go down at a concert, the second your favorite song starts playing, or the moment your favorite member is right in front of you onstage.
Sometimes the fangirl monster is more subtle. It’s the catch in your chest when their song plays at the grocery store or the laser focus you have when buying concert tickets. Whatever it may be, the monster never leaves you.
7. You’re Never Going To Be Happier Than You Are At A Concert.
There are very few moments in your life that are going to give you the same high as the concert high. From the anticipation to the very moment is begins, it’s a type of euphoria you can’t explain to the people who have never been lucky enough to love a band like you are.
8. You Never Stop Trying To Force Them On Other People.
Backstreet Boys albums for EVERYONE!! All of us are guilty of keeping track in our heads of how many people we’ve “converted” and secretly (or not) love every moment we catch a convert humming their songs or getting excited with us.
9. You’re Going To Have A Family That Isn’t Even Related To You.
We call it a fan-mily. Our fan-mily members understand everything our regular family members may not, from post-concert depression to VIP addiction to concern over something no one else cares about. Along the way though, some fan-mily became our actually family. We celebrate birthdays together and go on vacations. We have the best of times and the worst of times. We’re there for each other because five men decided to form a band and perhaps that’s one of the greatest perks that no one tells you about.
10. Your Band Is Always Going To Be Your Safe Place.
When someone asks why we’re going to see the same band over and over, it’s hard to explain, but in short, they’re our safe place. There are many reasons that we all became fans and remained fans for years and for a lot of us, it’s because the band never hurt us and the music healed us. The moments we get to share together – with the band and with our fan-mily – are some of our greatest memories, hours, and days of our lives. It doesn’t matter how old we are, if they show up, we’ll show up… because we owe them one (or 50). It’s an appreciation. It’s a peace. It’s our lives and it’s our band. We wouldn’t trade a minute.
When we said at the beginning of the year that the Backstreet Boys were only getting started, WE WERE NOT KIDDING.
There’s so so so so soooo much going on that between our longer posts, these catch-up posts are almost necessary because we’d hate for anyone to miss anything! So… here it goes:
- The Backstreet Boys Summer 2018 afterparties are ON SALE NOW! If you’re weighing the pros and cons of VIP vs AP, we’ve done it for you here.
- Nick Carter shared his day on Instagram and you do NOT want to miss some of the sweetest daddy moments you’ve ever seen.
These kids though…😂😍🛁
— What Happens On The Backstreet (@WHOTheBckstreet) July 21, 2018
— What Happens On The Backstreet (@WHOTheBckstreet) July 23, 2018
— Nick Carter (@nickcarter) July 20, 2018
- AJ McLean shot his new music video for a sexy single called “Night Visions” and, from the looks of it, he’s getting arrested and Paul from ‘Big Brother 18’ and ‘Big Brother 19’ is involved? We can’t WAIT to see (and hear it)!
— AJ McLean (@aj_mclean) July 19, 2018
- AJ also hosted a showing of Tim Burton’s “Nightmare Before Christmas” for the movie’s 25th anniversary at San Diego Comic Con before popping in on Syfy’s party as well.
- Finally, AJ is having a private listening party at Top Golf in Las Vegas on Thursday, August 2nd and the ONLY way in is to win. 95.5 The Bull is giving away passes — get your details here.
- We learned a few new things about the Backstreet Boys, but it turns out, they actually know each other pretty well (even if Howie DID cheat)!
- Speaking of learning new things, Brian Littrell did a quickfire Q&A with Daily Mail and if you want to know what his best and worst qualities are, his first childhood memory, his bucketlist item and more, click here!
- Brian also did a photo shoot at Hartfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta to become a part of the celebrities “welcoming” you to Atlanta!
.@brian_littrell :: Coming To An Airport Near You ✈🛩🛬
(If you're flying through Atlanta at least 😉) pic.twitter.com/NxtX5GKNZY
— What Happens On The Backstreet (@WHOTheBckstreet) July 19, 2018
- The Backstreet Army is facing off against Cardi B.’s Bardi Gang in Billboard’s 2018 Fan Army Bracket. Vote NOW!
- Don’t forget to vote for the Backstreet Boys in 2018’s Best of Vegas awards as well. They’re nomintated for Best Headliner / Resident Artist, Best Bachelorette Party, and Best Production. Catch the Backstreet Boys back in Vegas THIS WEEK!
- According to the Late, Late Show With James Corden commercial running on CBS, the footage from his time in Vegas with the Boys will be airing sometime this week. We’ll keep you updated as to when when we find out.
- Oh…and this one last little thing…
THE BACKSTREET BOYS ARE IN THE FINAL(ISH) STAGES OF RECORDING THEIR 10TH ALBUM!!
Are we the only ones who feel like the Backstreet Boys Las Vegas residency at Planet Hollywood JUST kicked off? Time is flying — even Backstreet time.
A year and a half (two years if you’re reading this during the final month of concerts), thousands of fans from hundreds of countries and a venue name change (hello Zappos) later, Kevin, Howie, AJ, Brian, and Nick have brought the absolute fire to the Vegas strip. In fact, they were named the quickest selling Vegas residency, became one of the first groups with a need for the balcony to open up in the theater, and won spots in 2017 Best of Vegas ‘Best Bachelorette Party’, ‘Best New Act’ and ‘Best Resident Performer’ categories!
(Before we go further, our Boys are also nominated for 2018’s Best of Vegas ‘Best Bachelorette Party’, ‘Best Resident Performer/Headliner’, and ‘Best Production Show’! Please cast a vote their way! Voting ends August 9th)
Alright, you’re probably here because you have questions. Don’t we all? We’re trying our best to keep you updated on everything you might ask in regards to BSBVegas so it’s the best experience possible!
If we don’t answer your question here, please feel free to shoot an email or reach out via social media. We won’t bite.
— The Very Basics —
CLICK HERE to see Backstreet Boys Vegas concert dates and purchase tickets.
To purchase VIP Meet and Greet (the ONLY way to legitimately meet the Backstreet Boys without potentially scaring them away in Las Vegas):
CLICK HERE > Find A Date > Click ‘VIP TICKETS’ > Purchase.
Yes, it is $500.
Yes, shipping is added because the poster is shipped after. There is no way around it.
Yes, you DO have to have a concert ticket in addition to the VIP upgrade.
No, you can not get a better deal by purchasing a meet and greet through any kind of Vegas “insider”. Don’t set yourself up for major disappoint or theft! If you have questions, click here.
Looking for OFFICIAL Backstreet Boys Afterparty dates and details? When they are announced for each set of dates (1-2 weeks before the shows), they will be listed for purchase HERE. (Note: Find details for the rest of the 2018 afterparties here)
It’s very useful to join the Backstreet Boys fan club at this point. Not only for the presales, but also for the contests and giveaways that are usually run and exclusive to FC members. You can also book travel and hotels through the FC at a discounted rate.
— VIP Meet And Greet: Things To Know —
- You will receive an email 24-48 hours prior to your event telling you when and where to be. Have your ID and confirmation email handy. If you do not receive an email or you’re waiting to buy VIP at the door (a risk), click here for daily VIP check in times.
- When you check in, you will receive a letter. This will signify which photo group you will be told to line up in so that you can enjoy the VIP lounge instead of waiting in line to meet the Boys the whole time.
- Once you are inside the venue, you will head up the stairs to the VIP lounge where you can redeem your drink vouchers, take pics with your friends in the photo booth, play games, eat snacks, and hang out!
- Please do not take or deface anything in the VIP lounge. We know things are cute and we know that it’s tempting (especially a few drinks in), but it’s not fair to those who purchased these items or the fans that will be in VIP after you. Play nice!
- Actual meet and greet with the Backstreet Boys lasts maybe 5 minutes but trust us, it’s enough. If you have something to say, say it. No one is going to stop you. Do have a clear plan for what you want to say or a pose if you have a specific one you want. The Boys are really good sports (within reason, of course).
- No gifts. No props. No autographs. No selfies. You will be asked to set your bags on a table right before you enter to meet the guys. Think of it this way – this maximizes your social time with the Boys and minimizes your wait in line.
- VIP goers are let in with Beat The Line if you have General Admission concert tickets, but this varies. Sometimes, the BTL folks are let in first. We’re just being honest.
- VIP M&G photos are generally posted 24-72 hours after your event here.
- Read our past posts for more details:
— The Show —
We don’t know of any really specific questions that have been asked repeatedly that we didn’t already answer, so here’s a few highlights.
- The Boys are really all over the place onstage and we suspect that the setlist might be changed up a little to add “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”, which might also change things. The point is that it doesn’t matter which side of the venue / pit you’re on — you’re going to see each of them at some point.
- Beat The Line General Admission Tickets aren’t always worth it. We know plenty of people that were right beside people who purchased BTL (and the BTL people paid $100+ more for their ticket). Weigh your options.
- It’s a personal choice, but we don’t think waiting for hours in line for GA is necessary unless you will not accept anything other than right up against the barricade.
- AJ picks someone from the audience to come up during “Shape of My Heart”. Sometimes it’s random, sometimes it’s someone they know, and sometimes it’s a celebrity. There’s no trick to it – just luck!
- For “All I Have To Give”, the Boys are in the audience in front of the 200s section. Here is where they are:
Nick: 205Brian: 202Kevin: 203 – 204Aj: 206Howie: 207 – 208
- Check out these posts for more show answers:
— The Afterparty —
- These parties are not a guarantee and vary from date to date, but when they do happen, they are only on Friday and / or Saturdays.
- They are usually announced 1-2 weeks prior to the first show and take place at Chateau (the rooftop nightclub of the Paris hotel next to Planet Hollywood)
- It is NOT necessary that you leave the concert early to get to the afterparty. Believe us, you’re going to get there before the Backstreet Boys.
- The venue is open-air. Dress appropriately.
- Tables purchased through the club are NOT the same as VIP tables purchased through backstreetboys.com. They will not get you closer to the Boys and you are not getting a “better deal”.
- If you are only going to the afterparty to (potentially but most likely) get selfies with the attending BSB and hang, the Ultimate VIP experience is the way to go. It is sectioned off for the Boys, their crew and fans who purchase spots. If you are okay with taking your chances, General Admission is for you.
- General Admission is hit or miss on interaction with the Boys. Some people have had great luck and some haven’t, but everyone has generally had fun!
- VERY, VERY rarely are all five Backstreet Boys at the afterparties. It is usually a mix of Nick, Howie, and Kevin. But it’s 100% always a good time!
- See the above linked posts for more info about the afterparties (especially the AP vs VIP if you’re weighing your options).
Still have questions or suggestions about what you think needs to be added to this post? Let us know!
It has taken us longer than we should have to write this post, but it’s been a crazy few weeks!
If you’ve followed our posts for any length of time, you know that while we try to be fair about posting equally about the Boys individually. Sometimes, this is hard, especially with people like Howie, who we LOVE, but who is also a pretty private person.
BUT here we are because the way Howie D. treated fans a few weekends ago at FanBoy Expo in Knoxville, TN was definitely something to be admired. Much like our post about Kevin following CMT Crossroads, this is based on a personal experience that we can’t help but share because he deserves it.
Howie has been the quiet, unassuming Backstreet Boy for many years. He’s incredibly kind, intelligent, and down-to-earth and we can not tell you how much we appreciate it.
The weekend of Fanboy Expo, Nick, AJ, and Howie were all scheduled to appear Friday-Sunday. Due to travel issues, Howie was the only one who made it on Friday and by the time we got there, he had quite a line.
Let us tell you a few things:
- He stayed from open to close every single day.
- He took his time talking to every single fan. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
- When it was time for him to go to a photo op, he was worried about what the people still waiting in line for him for selfies / autographs were going to do.
- He was willing to have a beer with us and so appreciative when Kristie bought one for him. So grateful that he came over to cheers and take a photo.
- We can not stress enough how real he kept it and how down to earth he remained the entire weekend. He remembered everything we told him everytime he saw us.
- Kristie and I tend to be a lot together when you don’t know us, but Howie was more than willing to participate in our antics and was relatively excited about it.
We didn’t know what to expect from Howie D. at a con appearance as this was his first legit con that he attended, but we are so glad that we had the experience because it has given us a new appreciate for perhaps the most soft spoken of the group. He took his time, he heard what we were saying and made a point to have conversation, he connected, he made sure everyone’s photos turned out okay…. and he admitted that drinking is the best way to handle a Backstreet Boys cruise (right??)!
He was an unexpected, genuine, sweet surprise during our weekend in Knoxville and we can’t wait to see him again in the future.
If you finally found WHOTB (lol) and you’re reading this, thank you for sharing your weekend (and 25 years) with us. Your attentiveness, you attitude, and your care for everyone really went a long way and we really do appreciate you. Also, thank you for being the responsible one and taking the Tide pen.
If you want your own experience with Howie at an upcoming con appearance, he has recently been added to the line up at Wales Comic Con in the UK in December.
For the latest on more appearances, follow us on social media or sign up to get our blogs emailed to you!
There’s so much going on! We couldn’t be more excited that there is no lack of Backstreet activities lately, but it can be hard to keep up.
So, we’re bringing back the What’s Happening On The Backstreet Update posts… for your sanity and ours. Keep reading for all the things you need to know this week! We will keep this post updated until next week then make a new one when more things need to be said.
Here we go…
- The FINAL BSBVegas dates have been announced! All GREAT things must come to an end, so if you aren’t seeing the Boys’ Vegas show in July, August, October, November, February or April, you are probably going to be out of luck.
- The Fan Club Presale begins tomorrow (Wednesday, July 11th) at 10am PST for tickets and VIP Meet and Greet packages.
- Tickets and VIP Meet and Greets are on sale to the general public on Friday, July 13th at 10am PST
- You can find detailed information here. Please remember that you can ONLY purchase Meet and Greets through backstreetboys.com.
- Find all of our BSB Vegas related FAQ, reviews, and posts here.
- Nick is performing a few shows in South America!
- AJ and Howie will be at Wales Comic Con in December!
- The Backstreet Boys will be performing on Good Morning America on Friday, July 13th!
- Tune in to ABC and check your local listings for times. They usually perform multiple times throughout the show.
- If you missed the Boys on Fallon or TRL, watch the highlights here.
It’s been nearly a week since the Backstreet Boys made their first appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. That’s right – the last time the Boys were on The Tonight Show, it belonged to Jay Leno and the last time they hung out with Jimmy Fallon, it was The Late, Late Show. Needless to say, this appearance was HUGE.
If you live on the internet at all, you are well aware that Jimmy Fallon does some pretty epic things with his guests – from games to competitions to special performances, so we were REALLY hoping the Backstreet Boys would do something more than perform.
GUESS WHAT?! THEY DID!
Classroom Instruments with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots might possibly be the best thing we could have hoped for and the rest of the internet seems to have agreed. Check out some of our favorite tweets about the Boys Classroom Instruments stint as well as their performance of “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” below! (Also, this is just a really good excuse to watch it all over again – you can find both videos below.)
A few things we loved?
- How chill Kevin was in the back — we would love to see him sit in with The Roots!
- Watching The Roots groove to “I Want It That Way”.
- Nick’s tiny tambourine.
- Ummm, how fantastic they sounded.
- The bond Brian, Jimmy and Nick seemed to have formed in the front row.
- THE. WHOLE. THING.
- We can’t even touch the DGBMH performance — it was that good!
— hasasimo (@hasasimo) June 29, 2018
— Edward Sanchez (@edwardistheman) June 29, 2018
— Breanne (@br3larson) June 29, 2018
Shout out to the Backstreet Boys for still doing synchronized choreo in their 30s/40s. I salute you, Sirs. #FallonTonight
— Kate (@katekrug) June 29, 2018
I AM LIVING. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE BACKSTREET BOYS ON EVERY WEEK. #FallonTonight
— falpal ☘️ kristilyn (@kristibeann) June 29, 2018
— Ryan Bartholomee (@RyanBartholomee) June 29, 2018
— VSW (@ChampionMyzter) June 29, 2018
— Luna R (@LuaCoelho87) July 1, 2018
For those looking for light in dark places – I implore you to watch this video and see if it doesn’t make you smile 😃 🎶 Strong work fellas👌🏽 @jimmyfallon @backstreetboys & @theroots Sing “I Want It That Way” https://t.co/ypcKMT1KwA
— Steven Grayhm (@SGRAYHM) June 30, 2018
OMG!!!! I jumped from my seat when I saw this! I hope to go to a #BSB Concert! I hear it’s Bomb AF! Been a Fan since I was 15! Ahhhh the Boys Still Got It. Sly moves @backstreetboys live on @jimmyfallon @FallonTonight pic.twitter.com/U4JL2AvgUV
— Dee Guardiola (@DG110404) June 30, 2018
— Adrienne (@AdrienneRoyer) June 30, 2018
— MAlina (@ArtVandelay_29) June 30, 2018
I can’t decide what’s more amazing: The fact @backstreetboys, @theroots & @jimmyfallon are all dressed in white as an homage to the video… or the fact that @kevinrichardson is playing that #guiro in the back like there’s no tomorrow. #IWantItThatWay https://t.co/lUw6taWXFP
— Rachel Chang (@RachelChang) June 30, 2018
— Coti Howell (@CotiHowell) June 30, 2018
I know a lot of shit is going on in the world right now and yes I am concerned. But I am currently watching @backstreetboys performance on @jimmyfallon on repeat. I love BSB so much it makes my heart hurt.
— Victoria (@Vmoney90) June 30, 2018
— Brian Padilla (@Ese_Catracho) June 29, 2018
— Piya Sinha-Roy (@PiyaSRoy) June 29, 2018
— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) June 29, 2018
Alright, alright, alright! Grab your scrunchies and your body glitter because the Backstreet Boys got it goin’ on like it’s 1999 and we are barely able to keep up with all the things… which is why it took me so long to update.
Normally, WHOTB posts are more themed and stream lined, but forgive us on this one because as we said before, SO MUCH HAPPENING!
We’re going to start with the smaller (but important) things…
- VOTE: The Boys are nominated for a TEEN CHOICE AWARD (what?!) for Choice Pop Song. You can vote for them HERE 10 times daily and on TWITTER just by tweeting “I vote the @backstreetboys “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” for #ChoicePopSong” (The hashtag is IMPORTANT!). The show airs August 12th at 8/7c on FOX.
- UPCOMING APPEARANCE: Nick, AJ, and Howie will be at Fanboy Expo in Knoxville, TN on Friday, June 29th-Sunday, July 1st. The schedule + photo ops are listed at fanboyexpo.com
- TV ALERT: The Backstreet Boys filmed an episode of TRL a few weeks ago and it will air on Friday, June 29th at 8am EST on MTV.
- ANOTHER TV ALERT: The Boys will perform “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon on Thursday, June 28th. Keep up with all of the upcoming appearances on our up-to-date post about 2018 appearances!
- FANCLUB GIVEAWAY: Have Spotify? If you don’t, you should sign up just to enter this BSB FC giveaway! All you have to do is add “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” to a playlist you’ve created, post the link in the comments on this contest page, and wait to see if you’ve won a merch pack AND BSBVegas Meet and Greet. FYI, a playlist has to have more than one song.
- GOOD MORNING AMERICA VIP TIX: This is also exclusive to BSB FC members. If you’re going to be attending the Backstreet Boys concert in Central Park on July 13th, enter here to win “VIP” tix. This does not include meet and greet, but having this DOES get you CLOSER to the stage. If you’re going, it can’t hurt to enter.
- AUSTRALIA: The BSB will be performing World Famous Rooftop in August from Vegas and your radio stations want to send you there. Get details here.
- HOT HOT HOT! We’re referring to how well “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” is doing with…well…everything! The single has broken into the American Top 40 (their first since “Incomplete”), continues to climb the Adult Contemporary charts, and the music video has hit over 20 million streams at the time we’re posting.
A few new interviews you probably don’t want to miss!
y’all @backstreetboys listened to an I C O N I C mashup in this ep of #CRITIQUEMYCOVER and we all need to pump it into our eye and earholes immediately. full vid @ https://t.co/5bNOm7O141 pic.twitter.com/kXM9cfsOTu
— TRL (@TRL) June 25, 2018
(These are just our favorites. Keep your eye on backstreetboys.com or nickcarter.net if we missed any here!)
Phew! Think we caught up! Promise not to go that long again. Thank you for keeping up with what’s happening on the Backstreet!
We know it’s been over a month since we disembarked (that’s a real cruise word) the 2018 Backstreet Boys cruise and while we have written about it here and here, shared photos via Facebook, and posted a few videos to YouTube, we finally have a complete video cruise “diary” or vlog, for lack of better term.
We got on the boat equipped with a GoPro, a camera, two cameras, five Backstreet Boys, and a lot of friends. Our intention was to capture everything we could from a fan POV on the four day cruise and to be honest, we were a little scared — what if things weren’t great?
But, as we’ve posted since we’ve been back, IT WAS SO GREAT! This cruise was my first and Kristie’s third and honestly, for the most part, it couldn’t have been better. That’s also, of course, a matter of opinion.
So, if you want an inside look at our BSB Cruise 2018 experience, watch it below!
Here’s a few things you might want to know about our personal experience:
- The first few minutes of the video are from Nick’s pre-cruise “Sail Away With Nick Carter” event (The perfect way to start our trip!)
- The hotel is Loews Miami
- Our room on the cruise was a basic inside cabin. If you’re hesitant about being in a room with no windows, it’s really not bad!
- As you can see, being close to the stage was not our priority other than for the Sail Away Party. We figured out what time the Boys usually arrived for deck parties and didn’t head up until around then. Most of the time, we waited until we heard the Boys heading up (We were on the same deck). A lot of people waited 6+ hours just to be at the front of the stage.
- Our experience was a great one, but it is just that – our experience. You might have had a totally different experience, but we wanted to give a pretty accurate representation of all of the things.
- If you have questions, ask 🙂
- Lastly, sorry we’re obnoxious! We know.
Lately, we’ve been seeing a lot of “Am I the only one that…” and “I feel so embarrassed but..” from fans thinking they’re alone in a certain situation and then feeling relief when hundreds of fans respond with, essentially, “SAME!”.
That is where this post came from. Messages we’ve received and posts we’ve seen all asking the same sort of questions. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, if you have ever thought any of the following, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
1. Feeling Like You’ve Made A Fool Of Yourself During A Meet And Greet.
That time you forgot your name when you met a Backstreet Boy?
The time you opened your mouth but only weird sounds came out?
The time you stepped on Brian’s foot?
It’s happened to the best of us. In fact, most of you reading this probably immediately had a moment in your mind when you read it. Just remember that every one of the Backstreet Boys has made a fool of themselves in front of us too at some point. Somehow that makes things a little more even.
2. Forgetting Everything You’re Going To Say In Front Of A Backstreet Boy.
Similar to #1, we’ve all done it. You’ve bought the meet and greet, you’ve planned exactly what you’re going to say for months, you’ve bought the perfect outfit and your make up is just right….
….And thank God you look good because as soon as they’re in front of you, all you can think about is nothing.
It’s uncontrollable and you probably won’t even know why you’re doing it. Maybe it’s all of the wild emotions. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep since you traveled 12 hours for just one more show. Maybe you thought about that one thing that Nick said to Brian 5 years ago that you thought was so sweet. Maybe you squeezed yourself in a dress that was too tight or maybe you’re just overwhelmed. Whatever it is – you aren’t the only one that has cried in your fan life!
4. Going Back To 10 Years Old When A Backstreet Boy Says Your Name.
You’re chill for a selfie. You’re chill for an instagram like. You’re chill for everything regarding the Backstreet Boys…but one of them says (or types) our name and we’re all done for!
5. Feeling Like You Can’t Breathe When The Lights Go Down At A Concert.
There is NOTHING like those first few seconds after the lights go down at a Backstreet Boys concert. You could be mid-convo then – you better have breath mints – because you and your friend are screaming into each other’s faces like animals. It’s unexplainable but it’s the BEST feeling. Totally worth not breathing.
6. Still Screaming For Your Favorite As If You’ve Lost Control.
After all these years….No one will make you scream like your choice Backstreet Boy. No one.
7. Refreshing Like A Lunatic Waiting For Your Meet And Greet Photo.
We’ve all done it. There’s only a few hours between your VIP meet and greet and the next day that you allow Justin to upload photos before your tweeting / posting / refreshing like a psycho (but also terrified that you blinked, so maybe you don’t want to see it?)
8. Working Some Things In Your Life AROUND A Backstreet Boys Event.
Can’t get married during tour season and can’t get pregnant where it might interfere with the next cruise. Oh, and we definitely have to add up vacation hours to make sure we have enough for any potential pop up event!
9. Having Several Time Zones On Your Phone Because You Have Friends Worldwide.
The Backstreet Boys worldwide fame + social media has allowed us to be friends with SO MANY people across the land and we need to know what time it is where they are! The best part? There’s always SOMEONE that’s awake to analyze a video you found at 3am.
10. Getting Just As Defensive About Them As You Did In The 90s.
“THE BACKSTREET BOYS NEVER BROKE UP, DAMMIT!”
The Boys are like family members – we can talk about them, but NO. ONE. ELSE. BETTER. SPEAK. We’re not naive to think they can do no wrong, but we’re sure not going to tell anyone else about it! They’re legends and they deserve to be treated as such… right?
Here’s the thing…
The Backstreet Boys have been a vocal group / boyband since 1993.
Yes, they went on a short hiatus in 2002ish.
Yes, Kevin left in 2006 because he was uninspired and wanted.
But they’ve always continued to make music. Kevin returned to the group. Their music has been the soundtrack to many lives and now, their music is crossing generations, with fans from 2 to 102 showing up at concerts, meet and greets, and more. With all of the Backstreet Boys themselves now married with children, fans have slid right into growing up with them. We bring our significant others, our children, our parents, our best friends on BSB adventures with us. Our good times have changed from waiting outside hotels for Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick to appear to spending 4-day long vacations with them on sold out cruises. So, we get it. We’ve been here from the beginning and we’ve seen the highs and the lows and all of the hard work in between.
However, since the Boys released their new single “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”, having a #1 song on country radio with Florida Georgia Line, winning a CMT Music Award, performing at Wango Tango, and a number of other recent career highs, people seem confused as to why the Backstreet Boys continue to find success 25 years later. It actually seems to irritate some people that they are doing so well – that they continue to hit dance moves, that they have fans that adore them around the world, that other artists clamor to work with them, and the Boys themselves don’t let the world get to them.
As Brian Littrell recently stated, “”Even on the highest of highs, that’s when we have to stick together, because that’s when the world wants to tear you apart.”
Here’s just a few of the reasons the Backstreet Boys have found continued success together.
1. Their Talent Is Real.
They know what works for them and while they try to keep their music current, they keep the Backstreet Boys “formula”. Each one of the Backstreet Boys can hold it down on their own vocally, but when they come together, a magic is created that has sold millions of albums and taken them to some of the biggest stages in the world.
These guys weren’t built on autotune and they can still sing a capella at the drop of a dime, which you can normally find them doing during interviews and on red carpets. Their live performances are just that — live — and they know just how to play off of each other.
Oh, and did we mention that they can still nail choreography? Even though, they’ve admitted it might take them a little longer to remember it now. Tell us this isn’t impressive.
This talent is what has garnered the attention of producers, songwriters and other artists who want to work with the Backstreet Boys now. Talent alone has won them awards, given them a sold out Vegas residency, allowed them to continue to tour worldwide, and be asked to collaborate with other artists on different projects.
2. It’s Taken A Lot Of Hard Work.
You can never say the Backstreet Boys have had it easy.
Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick formed the Backstreet Boys in 1993 and didn’t achieve success in the U.S. until 1997ish. They performed in high schools, they performed at malls and they were willing to work as hard as they had to to get where they are today, even if it meant spending most of their time overseas, where they gained fame first. For most of them, this meant giving up normal teenage years. For all of them, this meant having to prove themselves over and over, regardless of obvious talent.
These Boys started at the bottom. Together, they worked their way up and together, they continue to put those efforts that got them where they are today into everything they do currently. Nothing was handed to the Backstreet Boys and every one of them has stated repeatedly how grateful they are for what they have now… because they earned it.
3. They Care About What They Do.
The reason the Backstreet Boys don’t churn out project after project in rapid succession? Details. Every one of the Backstreet Boys cares about the quality of the work they’re giving to the public. So, while it may not be at the pace of other artists or quickly enough to satisfy fleeting fans, it’s work they’re proud of. In an age where artists are so quick to take the easy way out and become manufactured, letting others control their work, their image, etc., caring is commendable.
They’re involved in every step of their creative process. They’re taking fans into consideration. They’re taking the time into consideration and they’ve always been open and honest about their plans going forward (whether it happens or not).
4. They’re Genuinely Nice Guys.
We can not stress this enough. There is not one person that has worked with the Backstreet Boys at any point that has something negative to say about them. At the CMT Awards this past week, they were approached as soon as they took a seat by other artists and were genuinely humbled and appreciative of their win that night.
This site is filled with posts of fans sharing stories about what the Backstreet Boys have done for them – how their music has changed lives, how the guys individually have reached out in acts of kindness when they didn’t have to, and endless accounts of how they’ve really stood behind the idea of putting out positive energy into the world.
They’re the epitome of remembering where you came from and not forgetting “the little people”. They’re continuously thanking those around them and you couldn’t meet a group of kinder, more down-to-earth gentlemen. As fans, not only are we proud of their talents, but we’re proud to stand behind such wonderful human beings.
5. They’ve Never Claimed To Be Something They’re Not.
Here’s where we get to the point — the Backstreet Boys have never claimed to be anything they’re not. In fact, they have come out and said so much in multiple interviews and, still, media wants to put a label on them and the public wants to crucify them for something that they never said.
In the past week, unkind comments have been hurled at the Boys for performing at the CMT Awards when they “aren’t country” as well as having won an award for their performance of “Everybody” with Florida Georgia Line. Let’s get a few things straight here:
- The Boys + FGL have a #1 song on country radio (“God, Your Mama, and Me”), which FGL invited them to collaborate on.
- The Backstreet Boys flew across the country to be present for the award show because they were nominated and were visibly grateful to have won.
- The Backstreet Boys were invited to perform their new single “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” by CMT.
- When they weren’t backstage, they were cheering on other performers from the audience.
- They continue to mention Florida Georgia Line in every interview during CMA Fest and how grateful they are for the opportunity to collaborate.
- They received incredibly loud cheers anytime in the arena anytime they were mentioned (I was there – I know).
- THEY NEVER SAID THEY WERE CROSSING OVER TO COUNTRY. They were invited. They showed up. They were there for music and a good time.
MUSIC IS MUSIC and the music has always been the foundation and the #1 priority for the Backstreet Boys. That is why they have stood the test of time. That is why they are successful. That is why people have so many good memories associate with them, but it is also why people want to tear them down.
In a world like this, thank God for artists like the Backstreet Boys, who carry on, who inspire others, and who make a world like this a better place.
So, if you ever come across someone wondering “what the Backstreet Boys are doing here”, share this post… because what Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick are doing here is what a lot of people couldn’t – creating an unrivaled sound and changing lives one song at a time.