Happy New Year, fan-mily!!
In case you haven’t noticed (or don’t follow us on Twitter), we’ve been on a little hiatus to regroup and figure out what we want to do with WHOTB in the new year. The truth is… we still aren’t sure. But we are here and going to try to jump back into things! It’s been a wild time among Backstreet fans, but we are hopeful that everyone is entering 2021 with a warm heart and a peaceful outlook….we sure are!
So, before we start doing other things, let’s catch up on everything the Backstreet Boys have been doing that you might have missed:
- AJ McLean
- Ava Dean Beauty has launched, offering four shades of polish plus a top coat. You can preorder now and they are set to arrive in time for Valentines Day! Read more about the brand here.
- Dancing With The Stars might be over, but you can still catch AJ with Cheryl Burke and friend Rene Elizondo on the Pretty Messed Up Podcast every week with a lineup of interesting guests!
- He celebrate a year sober in December and has teased new solo music coming very soon, with a first single that “will have everyone talking”.
- Nick Carter
- After finishing his stint as the pink Crocodile on The Masked Singer last month, Nick released his retro-inspired single, 80s Movie! Listen to it here and keep up with everything you need to know about progress on his next solo venture here.
- Following the release of his single, Nick gave a lot of interviews to talk about everything from Vegas to his solo work to the future of the Backstreet Boys. If you missed any of those interviews, you can find them here and here.
- Nick also launched his Twitch channel as PopKidNick a few months ago! While he hasn’t been active recently due to the holidays, you can certainly watch the replays (and an exclusive studio session on nickcarter.net if you’re a fan club member). He has promised to make a return early this year.
- He has also teased many fun projects ahead, including a mystery collab with Lance Bass. We can’t wait to see it!
- Howie D.
- Brian Littrell
- Unsurprisingly, Brian has been doing lots of things with his family in his off time, helping with Baylee’s career as an up and coming musical artist. Most recently, Brian and Baylee performed virtually for Q 99.7’s All Right For The Holidays. You can watch the performance here!
- They also talked to The Pop Culture Show — watch here!
- Backstreet Boys
- While the Backstreet Boys might not be doing *too* much as a group right now, they have done a few things recently and one of those things is continuing to release monthly episodes of the Apple Radio “All I Have To Give” podcast series. So far, there has been a group, Howie, Kevin, Brian and AJ episode released and if you haven’t listened yet, you really should! Nick’s should be released this month and earlier last year, Nick himself stated that there were 7 (or 9?) episodes… so there should be a few more coming.
- Also, in case you missed it (HOW?!), the BSB released a song with Britney Spears. “Matches” marks their second official collab in their history as a group and we are obsessed. You can listen to it here.
Also, we would like to mention that we are still creating items in the WHOTB Shop with ALL PROCEEDS FROM ALL ITEMS going directly to currently out-of-work live event crewmembers that we know and love. Currently, we’ve raised over $800!
If you’re interested in shopping, check it out! See something you like but you wish it was a little different? Shoot us an email and we’ll see what we can do.
Now you’re all caught up on what’s happening on the Backstreet! We have more coming soon and look forward to 2021 being a better year (cautiously optimistic here) with our entire fan-mily. See you soon!