It’s no secret that the Backstreet Boys are spending a few days in London after filming the new music video (we don’t know when we’ll see it) for their second soon-to-be released single (we don’t officially know the title) from their upcoming album (which we currently have no details about — but when we do…).
Anyway, Kevin, Brian, AJ, Nick and Howie are across the pond (or in your backyard, depending on where you’re reading this from) and there are appearances being made! This morning kicked off those appearances with The Chris Evans Breakfast Show and although we’ve tweeted the link, we wanted to keep all of the UK media in one post… so here it is.
The Boys will be recording an episode of Loose Women today for a later air date and will be appearing on Sunday’s episode of Strictly Come Dancing. Anything we find for your viewing or listening pleasure, we will update here!
Chris Evans Breakfast Show
You can listen to audio of the interview here. The Backstreet Boys come in with a cover of Blackstreet’s 1996 “No Diggity” around 1:39.
- Jodie Whittaker aka Doctor Who is also a guest and a huge BSB fan. The Boys serenade her with a piece of her favorite song, “The One”.
- World tour is “hopefully” beginning Spring 2019. It will begin in Brian’s backyard (lol).
- They have many secrets to be told in November.
- It’s AJ’s fault that things leak (per Nick).
- They performed acoustic versions of “As Long As You Love Me”, “All I Have To Give”, and “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”.
Strictly Come Dancing
It’s been a while since we’ve picked apart a Backstreet Boys music video, thought by thought, but we knew once we saw the video for “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” that we HAD to do it again. There’s just so many elements! (I mean, there’s a reason this video has garnered 15+ million views in two weeks)
So… here we go.
- Howie? Is that you making the sign of the cross? Once a Catholic, always a Catholic.
- Hold up! Are we actually INDOORS? ARE THE BACKSTREET BOYS IN THE BUILDING? All our biggest dreams have come true.
- Does anyone picture them doing this in front of a big Vegas sign or is that just us?
- Did anyone think for a minute that Beyonce was going to be in this video??
- Who is this woman? Does she control the Backstreet Boys?
- Are we the only ones that kind of wish it was Jenn on the screen?
- They just lifted their heads in perfect synchronization. Is there anything the Backstreet Boys can’t do together?
- Right into hand choreography! Yes. This is what we live for.
- Seriously… WHO IS THIS GIRL?
- The river arm motion. So good.
- The Boys could have a second career as mimes.
- Oh damn, we weren’t ready to be this close to Nick’s face.
- We know it’s the sign language for broken, but we can’t help but imagine them snapping glowsticks.
- Howie and the white jacket — he looks like a snazzy Gap commercial!
- How do we get a stripe light wall in our houses?
- How can you not watch this over and over just for the sharp moves? If the Boys’ hands were knives, they could behead people with these motions.
- We wish we could snap as well as Nick Carter. That stretch and snap is…snappy.
- Oh wait. Kevin does. He has a swing and snap.
- The way the Backstreet Boys snap says a lot about who they are as people.
- AJ is the only person we know that can pull off a bandanna around his neck.
- GOD THE CHOREOGRAPHY IS FIRE.
- Kevin and Nick snap – Brian shakes the stripe light room!
- That slow motion clap thing is gold.
- And the talk-to-the-hand motion at 1:08.
- Oh my God, we’re only at 1:08
- THESE SUDDEN SHAKES! It’s kind of like when someone gets in your face to make you flinch.
- Kevin’s black and white ensemble matching the black and white wall with the pop of red pants proves that he’s a man after my own heart.
- Nick’s hand motion at 1:12 is the same one he did in AIHTG or QPG… maybe both. His love is all he has to give. And his heart apparently. Unless you’re going to be someone that hurts somebody just for fun.
- We have never appreciated the Boys’ different heights more than in this video. It gives everything such definition and angle.
- Um, that’s a different girl. Clearly not the only one YOU got, guys.
- Can someone explain to me why, when AJ is center stage, that it inexplicably starts snowing (??) and why Nick is standing in the background facing away from him?
- Now we know AJ’s flirt move — a shoulder dance.
- So is this girl real or no? Literally so confused.
- AJ didn’t even try to grab the girl until after she disappeared. Weird. TRY SOME MORE SHOULDER DANCING!
- Kevin’s swag in this video is OUT of control.
- Ohhhh damn, Brian’s stripping down! Just kidding – it’s just his jacket.
- Bless Howie’s finger shake.
- Again with the close ups we’re not ready for!
- Again with the clean choreo and Gap Howie!
- Honestly, we just spent the next 10 seconds thinking what a visual INDOOR CHOREOGRAPHED masterpiece this is.
- Is the room shaking or is it just us?
- Oh it’s definitely shaking.
- We love the hand puppet move. Don’t know what we’re talking about? 2:34.
- HOLY SHIT ARE WE HIGH? WHY ARE THE BACKSTREET BOYS DISINTEGRATING?
- They spend one year in Vegas and now they’re David Copperfield(s).
- Why is Nick the only one that left behind glitter when he cremated himself?
- THEY ARE MOVING THE ROOM. This is a visual representations of our organs at a Backstreet Boys concert.
- P.S. In the Gap Howie scenes, does anyone besides Howie button jackets all the way up?
- Tarzan Brian.
- You know the store Express and how they always had the brightly lit glass panels behind the register? Imagine the Backstreet Boys dancing in Express. That’s what we’re thinking about around 3:29.
- It’s all so good. SO GOOD.
- Wait…why did it end?! Thank God for the replay button.
The majority of the Backstreet Boys have been pretty quiet since their last Las Vegas run of shows in February and the majority of us have been waiting
very sort of patiently for the new single.
Then new show announcements started trickling out.
Then April came, the month of the Boys’ 25th anniversary, and things started picking pace. Perhaps the biggest announcement came this past weekend, when Nick told the crowd during his interview at Heroes and Villains FanFest in Chicago that the Boys would be filming the music video for their new single THIS WEEK…. and it would involve dancing. [No fields!! As we suggested…]
Then the week began and the work began. First Kevin posted, the Brian, then AJ, then Nick, then Howie…and well, IT’S REALLY OVERWHELMING. Not only were they working on a music video, but a photo shoot as well.
So, until we have a new single, we’ll be updating this post with ALL the things so your panic about missing anything can subside. We got you!
Who are Rich + Tone?
They are dancers, choreographers, and creative directors. They’ve worked with Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Madonna, Pink, Jennifer Lopez and many more. You can read they’re impressive resume here.
Who is Alex Chung?
Uhh, we’re not sure. The only Alex Chung we know is the CEO of GIPHY and if he is involved, then hot damn, we’re intrigued.
Can you believe it’s already almost 2018 (or is already depending on when you read this)?! In 2017, we kept you updated with every confirmed BSB appearance and event – large and small – in one post and when we asked if you wanted it to continue, the response was an overwhelming YES!
2018 is going to be huge. We can’t wait to be here for all of it.
So here it is – a post with every CONFIRMED concert / appearance that the Boys are scheduled for as we get it. If you have questions about an upcoming event, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook or the Contact Us page!
For any event where a ticket link is not provided, ticket details can be found at backstreetboys.com/events.
October 12th // The Chris Evans Breakfast Show
Find info and listen live on BBC Radio 2 here
October 14th // Strictly Come Dancing
The Boys are scheduled to perform during the results show of the British version of Dancing With The Stars on Sunday, October 14th. The show airs at 7:45pm on BBC.
October 15th // Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Howie and AJ will be playing for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. The show airs on FOX — check your local listings for a time.
October 24th – November 17th (Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays) // Las Vegas
Find Tickets and Meet & Greet HERE
October 20th – 21st // German Comic Con Berlin – AJ McLean and Howie D.
More info + tix here
December 1st – 2nd // Wales Comic Con (UK) – AJ McLean and Howie D.
Details + Tickets Here (Check back for updates!)