CALLING ALL BACKSTREET FANS…
Ok. Only 5ish years since we’ve gotten a new Backstreet Boys single, but it feels like 84.
But THURSDAY, MAY 17TH, that changes. On Thursday of THIS WEEK, we will have a new Backstreet Boys single (and music video if Kevin is to be believed). On Thursday, we will have a recharged fan feeling – the one we thrive off of, the feeling we’re addicted to, fuel in our tanks, if you will!
We could not be more excited to be fans in 2018 because DAMN, it’s a good time. What’s so great about it? There are thousands of us all over the world feeling the exact same things at this very moment. Don’t believe us? Well..let us prove you wrong.
1. We’re Freaking Out!
Like we said, we’ve been waiting
and waiting and waiting and waiting a while for this single. The only new music we’ve gotten from the Backstreet Boys since IAWLT has been with Florida Georgia Line and while it was a good time, nothing can replace the smooth vocals of our fave five. They are, of course, what has kept us sticking around (while they’re acting like clowns….Bigger, anyone).
In all seriousness, every social media post in the past few weeks has sent us into an absolute tailspin and we can only imagine what the actual music (or the music video uiheiuhftwoiwo) will do to us. We’re basically 14 again…but also over 21 because we need a drink to calm ourselves.
2. Gathering All The Details.
Ever since Kevin started the countdown to the new single release, we’ve been targeting a date, we’ve been gathering together anything we can do, and we’ve been telling ALL of our friends.
If you haven’t gathered the details, here’s what we know:
- The name of the single is “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”
- It will be available at 12AM EST on May 17th. This means 11PM CST / 9PM PST on May 16th.
- We are not sure of every outlet it will be available on, but it will be available on iTunes and Spotify.
- According to Kevin, the music video will also be dropping on Thursday (Time Unknown). It is a 90s throwback.
- The single WILL be hitting airwaves and played on radio. While a tweet to your LOCAL stations are cool to hype the single, we don’t encourage bombarding ANY radio station. If a station isn’t playing the single, don’t get mad — we can push for spins on Spotify, plays on YouTube, downloads on iTunes, etc. Let things happen naturally. We have high hopes that the song will be SO good that people can’t ignore it. The Boys know what they’re doing.
- We will be trending the hashtag #DontGoBreakingMyHeart ALL day on Thursday. Help us out!
3. Sharing Opinions Before Anything Even Drops.
We’ve analyzed every bit of information we’ve been given. We’re THRILLED the Boys are dancing in the music video. We’re curious what tempo the song is and we’re praying it’s something we can all dance to. We all have our opinions of who we want singing and what we hope they accomplish, but mostly…we’re just proud. 25 years after the Backstreet Boys became the Backstreet Boys, they’re releasing a new single. How many artists can say that?? (But we’ll have more opinions after the drop. Opinions are a BSB fan’s favorite thing to share.)
4. We’re A Little Scared?
We are absolutely THRILLED to hear new music from Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick, but there’s always a little fear with a new release about who we’re going to have to take out. We can have our opinions but how DARE anyone else say something! We will blast the new single in your ear until you have something nice to say.
Let’s be real too, we’re always a little scared of not liking a new song, but in the end, it always grows on us. What a rollercoaster of emotions though, am I right??
5. BUT WE’RE LOSING OUR MINDS!
Everything aside, it is worth mentioning again…. OMGWECANTHANDLEIT. IS THIS EVEN REAL? IS IT REALLY HAPPENING?
6. As We Do, We’re Trying To Figure Everything Out Before The Release.
“Ummm, is this a cover of the Elton John song?”
“Brian’s shoes are white so obvvvviiiiiously he’s the lead singer on it.”
“They’re dancing so it must be up tempo.”
“It has the word heart in it so it’ll be like everything else probs.”
We know the producers, directors, choreographers, photographers, stylists, caterers, dog sitters, janitors, etc. that worked on the music video and we’ve been vigorously stalking since the shoot for more clues.
For some reason, we have no patience with anything ever. But it’s all out of love, of course!
7. We’re Ready.
OUR BLOOD IS PUMPING.
OUR EARS ARE CLEANED OUT AND READY FOR EARGASMS.
OUR FINGERS ARE READY TO POST EVERYWHERE.
OUR FRIENDS ARE READY TO HEAR NOTHING BUT THIS SONG FOR THE NEXT WEEK TO A YEAR.
Let’s do this, Backstreet. We can’t wait to have your (Backstreet’s) back!
Stay tuned to our social media for immediate updates, new posts, and more as things roll out! We can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks and more.