What a month, right?
One would think after the Backstreet Boys announced their album release and upcoming tour, they would take the rest of the year off and a well deserved break. As we all know though, we’re fans of the five hardest working men in the music industry and this month was full of a few more year-end successes!
If you think you’ve missed anything (or even if you haven’t), we’ve recapped it all below for an end of the year catch-up.
- AJ and Howie attended Wales Comic Con at the beginning of the month. Our friend Janneke shared their Q&A panel with us — watch below!
- Baylee Littrell released a single on country music radio, “Don’t Knock It”. If you haven’t bought it yet, you can do so here. Check out the release party festivities and all of Brian’s proudest dad moments here.
- There’s a ton of new merch! Whether it’s a holiday or your birthday, you can find a gift guide here.
- Shawn Mendes spoke about co-writing the Backstreet Boys’ new single, “Chances”. Watch him talk about not being able “to wrap his head around it” here.
- The Boys were nominated for a GRAMMY! We’re still not over that sentence. We’re so so proud and will be watching excitedly in February.
- Pentatonix had the Backstreet Boys on their annual Christmas special for a eargasmic “Winter Wonderland” duet! We *need* them to record this for a studio version.
- Brian Littrell has been announced as a guest in line up of performers for a Michael W. Smith Tribute Concert. The concert will take place on April 30th in Nashville, TN. Tickets are on sale now.
- The BSB Vegas show isn’t the only thing Nick Carter has been spotted performing at Zappos Theater. He dropped in to sing “God, Your Mama, And Me” with FGL during the final night of their short Vegas residency.
- “From this point forward, we all know that as long we’re healthy and happy and communicating and getting along and enjoying what we do, whether it resonates on a massive scale or not, we can be happy because that’s what we’ve been doing.” The Boys got real about their hard times and the bright future ahead in a newly released “therapeutic” reflection from Vevo.
- Under The Tree With BSB in Boston was an entirely acoustic concert that fans had to win their way into. Listen here to hear the Mix 104.1 DJs discuss behind the scene with the “delightful” Backstreet Boys, here for a brief portion of the BSB Q&A, and see photos here. Oh, and you **MIGHT** want to hear this beautiful performance of “Chances”.
- The Boys headed to Connecticut to take part in 96.5 TIC’s All Star Christmas. Listen to their pre-show interview here.
- In their last performance of the year, the Backstreet Boys headed to Texas for the Merry Mix Show in Austin. Find Meet and Greet photos here and watch their backstage interview and game here.
Now you’re all caught up!
This will likely be our last post before Christmas. We’d like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday – wherever and whoever you are. ❤