Back by popular demand, we’re bringing you more “Thoughts We Had…” posts! Since the beginning, we’ve had multiple people to ask us to do one for “Get Down” and honestly, it just seems like the mecca of Backstreet Boys music videos in terms of having thoughts. Why? Because there’s SO many thoughts to be had about it and none at all.
I thought about making this post “one thought we had” and capitalizing a BIG WTF… but I rewatched and well, here you go! Enjoy!
1. The minute the Backstreet Boys appear on screen, I can only smell lemons and oranges… because they look like they’re dressed like skittles.
2. Ho…Howie? Is that you?? AJ??? Why you look like a cool ant with sunglasses??
3. Ah, boyband hands. Classic. Who knew they’d still be doing those 22 years after this?
4. Zooming out to the big disco ball… there’s no way this wasn’t made in a mall, right?
5. I would LOVE to know some of these people dancing in the cubes. Imagine that being your claim to fame.
6. Who wouldn’t love to see the behind the scenes footage for this video shoot? What are they actually dancing on? Did they KNOW it was going to look like this?
7. To this day, Nick is STILL wear black jeans, black shirts and a jacket. Consistency is key.
8. We can laugh at these moves all we want but we ALL know them.
9. What IS a baby love?
10. Shout out to Nick’s baby teeth!
11. You’re doing yourself a major injustice if you’re paying attention to the person singing in this video. Kevin’s face is the best thing about it the entire time.
12. 50 seconds: How many Backstreet Boys can fit in one screen and pretend to sing the lyrics? The answer is 4.
13. OH HEY HOWIE MADE IT TO THE BSB PARTY!
14. The block people are wearing the epitome of 90s fashion.
15. Why does Brian look so small?
16. Why does Nick look like a dancing palm tree?
17. Is this really the Backstreet Boys or five guys that work at a pizza place who decided to be cool on a Saturday night?
18. Ah, yes. The beginning on the body roll. Thank God.
19. Kevin’s the only one tall enough at 1:24 for a proper body roll. Howie’s grabbing his belt like it’s a hoe down and Brian looks like he’s blowing backwards. THINGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, YOU GUYS.
20. At what point did Nick get down on his knees?
21. Howie looks like he’s the brains behind this. I don’t know why.
22. WHOOOOOOOOOO IS THIS FLYING MAN?! Excuse me, Backstreet Boys, someone has escaped from their cube!!
23. Oh nevermind, they’re “with it”.
24. Brian missed them memo that they were supposed to “pump it and move it all around”.
25. Seriously. Kevin’s face.
26. Did Nick realize he had actually danced ON the mirrorball before he did Dancing With The Stars or nah?
27. Here comes baby Brian!
28. At this point, everytime I pause, there’s something new to think about. Imagine if this video came out when memes were a thing.
29. Brian looks so angry. It might just be his hair.
30. You can never unsee Kevin during “And I WANT. IT. RIGHT. NOW”
31. Everyone was so casual singing until Brian.
32. 2:23: What is he even singing? Not this song.
33. Is AJ wearing the Prince symbol on his necklace?
34. This is really the Nick, AJ, and Kevin show. Or as they’re now known — Palm Tree, Cool Ant, and Kevin With The Face.
35. It’s weird how well you can see their mouths without facial hair.
36. Some boybanders use the one-finger point. Kevin uses two fingers with a body roll.
37. Nick is too pure for this video. Or something.
38. All of AJ’s jewelery! I feel like I can hear him clinking.
39. Zoned out for a solid 20 seconds. I think this is the trance they were going for.
40. Oh God! They’re jumping around! GET DOWN!
41. Does it bother anyone else about how unevenly spread out they are when they dance on the mirrorball?
42. At 3:21… they’ve all just lost it. This is a lost cause.
43. OH MY GOD THE CUBE DANCERS ARE ESCAPING!
44. Why is Nick convulsing on the floor? The epitome of getting down.
45. Oh DAMN, he just flipped right up. What is happening?
46. Why are these people escaping so slowly?
47. Why are they doing the OPPOSITE of getting down?
48. Brian’s russian dancing across the ball never gets old, honestly.
49. The more Nick jumps, the more we see that his shirt includes what looks to be a name tag. He’s on a break from his job at Chuck E. Cheese apparently?
50. Wow. How do we get the Boys to recreate this iconic video? SOMEONE start a petition!