There are a few things we know for sure about 2018:
- We’re stoked about all the Backstreet adventures ahead.
- We’re excited to celebrate the Boys’ 25th anniversary together in ANY possible way all year long.
- We’re still waiting for AJ’s solo album and a BSB single.
- This cruise is going to be the best one yet!
- We’re going to do everything we can to give back to Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick this year. Let’s bring it in together, you guys!
Where are we going with this? We’re glad you asked.
Since this cruise is so close to the Backstreet Boys’ anniversary, we were racking our brains thinking WHAT CAN WE DO to mark the special occasion that wouldn’t require an extra suitcase, a load of money and special permission? Thousands of us popping out of a cake didn’t seem feasible.
THEN… we thought of it!
During the Sail Away party (the first time we’re all together on the cruise), we want you to bring the shape of your heart.
NO. WAIT. Not the shape of your ACTUAL heart.
More like this…
Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Make a heart shaped paper (preferably one you can hold with one hand that won’t block anyone’s view too terribly – think legal size paper)
- Put 25 on the heart is BOLD LETTERS
- Decorate the heart to represent where you’re from – be creative and snazzy (or don’t)
- Our thought is to hold them up as soon as they’re on stage for the Sail Away party, but this might change — we’ll keep you posted. That’s the plan for now.
- SHARE WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW GOING ON THE CRUISE!! It’d be wonderful to have the most participation possible. Imagine Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick coming out to a sea of colored ’25’ themed hearts ❤ ❤ ❤ This is another chance for us to come together to do something great for the Boys who have given us the best parts of their lives and made up some of the best parts of ours.
We can’t wait to see everyone and your hearts!
We’re so excited about your overwhelming response about wanting to do this! As someone said, “a sea of hearts” – I love that visual. Again, the more people doing it, the better so keep spreading the word.
We have a few updates since we first posted.
- There have been some people that have been volunteering to bring extra hearts for fans that don’t know about it to pass out beforehand to increase participants. We LOVE this idea! There is absolutely no obligation, but we wanted to post about it just in case others wanted to as well — whether they been plain hearts or decorated.
- So many non-cruisers were hoping to get involved as well so… here’s what we’ll do. In addition to tweeting #BSB25 on April 20th and #BSB25Project on April 21st when the Billboard ad is published, fans who are not cruising will be tweeting #BSB25Hearts on sail away day (May 3) with photos of their own decorated hearts with a 25 on it, so whether you’re on the cruise or not – we’re coming together to flood with love. After we return from the cruise, if the movement is successful (we have high hopes), we’ll do a post about it. Sound good?
We’re still taking suggestions, ideas, and anything else you think we’re missing or could add to the fun. Just tweet, message, email or comment!