Awwwww yeaaahhhhh, boyyssss (If you didn’t hear that in Kevin’s voice, what are you doing with life?). We’ve made it! This week kicks off the Backstreet Boys’ first week in Vegas and we’re not sure anyone is ready for what is about to hit us…
… But we’re willing to try to be ready. 😉
Each week (ish) of the Backstreet Boys Las Vegas residency, we will be updating What Happens On The Backstreet with a posts called What Happens In Vegas. In these posts, we will post different tweets, cool moments, and need-to-know things as they happen. We also want you to get involved! Details below.
Every good adventure should have a soundtrack. If you’re too busy to make your own, we’ve got you covered. Kristie and I took a while to compile (then toss out and compile again) songs that would bring the hype. We’ve got some BSB tunes, some 90s hits, some club mixes and, of course, a few Vegas themed.
From packing to traveling to getting ready for the show, we hope you enjoy this 100-song playlist as much as we do!
The Packing List
In all the excitement, we wanted to remind you of a few things you might be forgetting to pack:
- Tickets (Or making sure you have the email for them)
- Your ID (For basically everything)
- Hair Tools (If you are traveling with friends, divide up who brings what)
- Chargers (Phone, camera, self…)
- Sweater / Sweatshirt (Las Vegas might be warmer than most places, but it gets chilly at night sometimes)
- Comfortable Shoes (Most places are walking distance – save your feet for the show!)
- Camera (Point and Shoots are allowed in the venue)
- Deodorant (Backstreet Boys can make you sweat)
- An Oversized Bag (For souvenirs)
- Sunglasses (It’s always bright in Vegas)
- Bandaids (Shoes and sequins hurt sometimes)
- Your Sanity
If you think of anything else important, let us know!
#BSBVegas Scavenger Hunt
This is where you come in! Whether you’re with your friends, on your own, or making new friends, we definitely want to see your memories. We’ve compiled a list of photos we want to see from you while you’re in Vegas. Once you take them, send them to us / post using the hashtag #BSBVegasHunt and we will choose some of the best to feature in our weekly posts! Be creative.
- Planet Hollywood Sign
- Whether it’s in the hotel or out, take a photo with something that says Planet Hollywood since it’s going to be home for our Boys for the next few months.
- Backstreet Boys Advertisements
- See an ad for the Backstreet Boys Larger Than Life in the airport or on the street? Snap a quick pic with it and send it our way.
- Backstreet Merch
- Whether it’s old or new, we want to see you decked out!
- BSB Selfies
- Happen to be lucky enough to run into a Backstreet Boy? Send those selfies!
- Concert Going Outfits
- Are you wearing something stellar? Is your group coordinating? Let’s see!
- Elevator Doors
- It’s somewhat likely that the Backstreet Boys will be plastered on the elevator doors of the Planet Hollywood hotel – be creative with commemorating that moment! Even if they aren’t, Britney is and she’s just as cool.
- Those Drinks
- Vegas is the best place for fun drinks! If you’re toasting with your BFFs or tossing one back before the show, give us a peek so we can share with others where to get a tasty libation.
- Your Squad
- Of course, we want to see all of you having the TIME of your LIFE. This one is an option to kill two birds with one stone
- Concert Pics
- Did you take a KILLER live pic during the show? Those are our FAVORITE!
- VIP Laminates
- If you’re hitting VIP before the show or the after party post show, take a fun pic with your laminate while you wait.
Have any more suggestions or maybe questions we can answer now or in the future? Let us know! You can email us by using the Contact button at the top, Tweet, or hit us on Facebook.
Kristie and I will both be in Vegas for opening week and can not WAIT to tweet live updates as well as post about it soon after. Follow our Snapchat (whothebckstreet) for photos from the shows and more!
XOXO – Sara